Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Weather

I have always had a purely hate relationship with hot weather. I don't like the clothes for the season, I don't particularly care for the activities associated with it, I don't like the fact that I sweat for no other reason than I am breathing, I don't like the way I feel unable to cope with things. This brings me to this afternoon's blog inspiration. (note the picture -->)

If you know my Olivia, you know that she is a social butterfly that would never openly defy rules or what any grown-up says. Today, she got her card changed for doing just that. Okay, so, it wasn't open defiance. She got a warning for getting out of her seat, and giving a hug to a friend when she was supposed to sitting quietly. But OH THE REMORSE! She carried on and on from the moment she saw me until the moment I plopped that sweet, frozen stick of joy (also known as an Otter Pop) into her little hand. I am convinced the heat fried her poor little brain at recess and she wasn't able to think! Thus, one more reason to not like hot weather. Of course, it couldn't be that Olivia is constantly out of her seat or talking when she's not supposed to, and that after numerous verbal warnings, her teacher finally had to change her card. That's absurd. Of course not. That couldn't be the reason.

...it's the heat.






3 comments:

David Conlee said...

Oh, that is terrible! Poor Miss O. She is too precious to cry that hard! And I love the look of concern on Lolly's face. What sweet girls you have! Love the blog, keep the posts coming.

David Conlee said...

BTW, you can link your blog posts to your Facebook page by going to the notes section of FB, choosing edit import settings, and entering the RSS address for your blog:

feed://salaiz27.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Then, every time you update your blog it will add the entry as a note on FB too! 2 birds, 1 stone.

Love ya!

Tammy said...

I love that you took a picture during this going on!